You may have seen variations of this recipe all over the place. The following is how I do it, and it’s quick and easy too!
- 10 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup shredded cheese of your choice (approximately â€“ more or less to taste)
- 12 slices cooked bacon (the prepackaged kind works just fine!)
- 6-12 slices of whole wheat bread (it will depend on size of loaf)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Pre-heat oven to 375°.
Spray each muffin tin with no stick spray. Using a biscuit or cookie cutter, cut out rounds of bread. (Some slices of bread are large enough to give you 2 rounds, others will only allow for one.) Place the rounds on the bottom of each muffin tin.
Line each muffin tin around the border with a slice of bacon. Sprinkle shredded cheese into each tin on top of the bread rounds.
Beat eggs and milk in a 4 cup measuring cup with a pour spout. Pour egg mixture over top of cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for about 15 minutes until eggs are set.
Add the following to make this recipe your own:
- ½ cup chopped broccoli
- ¼ cup chopped bell peppers
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- ½ cup cooked ground sausage
- ½ cup diced ham
Save the left over bread and make homemade bread crumbs, or cubes for stuffing.